Reporting to the Managing Editor, Production Associates will work under very precise deadlines to perform proofreading and editorial tasks, checking client-supplied proofs against web files to ensure accuracy of published manuscripts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Managing Editor to develop a working knowledge of the proofreading process.
- Checking batches of proofs against web files, and following explicit checklist to ensure the accurate and timely publication of journal articles.
- Tracking proofs through various stages of correction.
- Developing and maintaining communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients in order to facilitate the timely publication of materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in English or Science.
- 1-2 years of editing and/or proofreading experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in use of computer applications; experience in marking proofs in Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
- Conscientious, reliable, independent worker with exceptional time management skills.
- Applicants must be deadline-driven, detail-oriented, committed to delivering exceptional customer service, and comfortable working as part of a remote team.