Managing Editor and Associate Managing Editor
Due to our continued growth, KWF Editorial (KWF E) is seeking a Managing Editor (ME) and Associate Managing Editor (AME) with experience in scholarly publishing to provide busy journal offices with editorial support services. KWF Editorial is flexible and will accept applications for either full—and/or part—time employment. All positions are remote and require availability during standard business hours, with occasional flexibility as needed.
The ME and AME will oversee editorial operations for KWF Editorial client journals to include handling journal workflows from manuscript submission to publication, as well as serving as the primary point of contact for client stakeholders to ensure productivity, quality, and schedule adherence, as well as timely responsiveness and excellent customer service. If applicable (per journal), the ME and AME will also oversee the work of editorial support staff.
Primary responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Understanding and meeting contractual requirements and service level agreements (SLAs) for assigned client editorial workflows
- Creating, updating and maintaining accurate protocols for editorial and/or production workflows
- Collaborating with editors, publishers, copyeditors, and designers as needed
- Proofreading and/or editing manuscripts or other content as needed
- Preparing agendas, reports and/or presentations for editorial meetings
- Overseeing the work of editorial support staff including training, scheduling, productivity, and quality control, and the completion of monthly productivity and annual evaluation reports
- Use KWF Editorial’s cloud-based technology as a communication and productivity tool
- AEs—a minimum 1 year of experience managing, or 5 years of experience working in the editorial office of a peer reviewed scholarly journal
- MEs—3 years of experience managing the editorial office of a peer-reviewed scholarly journal
- Knowledge of scholarly publishing best practices and indicators of journal success
- Experience with one or more manuscript management systems (Editorial Manager, ScholarOne Manuscripts, eJournal Press, Bench>Press, etc.)
- High level of organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter including designation of whether you are interested in a full—or part—time work schedule, and for which position you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About KWF Editorial
Established in 2001, KWF Editorial is a full-service provider of editorial office and production services, delivering the highest standards of editorial and production process management and superior customer service to our client publishers of multiple peer-reviewed STEM journals, as well as to their journal editors, authors, and reviewers. KWF Editorial client journals range in size from 300 annual submissions to upwards of 150 submissions daily.