KWF Editorial is a growing all-remote company providing editorial and production support services for peer reviewed journals across scholarly/scientific publishing. Our continued growth creates ongoing opportunities for individuals who value:
- Professional growth. Our team works in a supportive environment that encourages career advancement through teaching and learning. You will have the opportunity to improve your editorial and management skills through collaboration with experienced team members.
- When you work with us, you become part of a community of people who value collaboration, diversity, mutual respect, curiosity, collegiality and quality work.
- We are committed to work-life balance through flexible schedules and benefits that allow you to enjoy time away from the keyboard. As an employee, you will be eligible for Paid Time Off, health insurance, a technology stipend, and a 401K match.
- Making a difference: KWF Editorial associates play a critical role in advancing science, medicine, and other scholarly research through upholding publishing standards and lending critical support to editors, authors, and reviewers on the journal/s they manage.
The Associate Managing Editor oversees journal editorial and/or production operations for client’s peer-reviewed journals from manuscript submission to publication. The Associate Managing Editor serves as the primary point of contact for client stakeholders and ensures that the work of the dedicated support team exceeds expectations for productivity, quality, and schedule adherence. The Associate Managing editor may supervise one or more editorial associates. This is an excellent opportunity for an experience early career professional to move into a management role.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to all external and internal journal stakeholders (e.g., editors, authors, publishers, colleagues)
- Ensure contractual requirements and service level agreements for assigned client workflows are met
- Create, update, and maintain accurate protocols for editorial and/or production workflows
- Train and manage support staff performing daily peer review, editorial, and/or production tasks
- Be a proficient user of the manuscript management system, from workflow optimization to using system reports for monitoring timeliness and other indicators of journal health
- Utilize KWF Editorial’s cloud-based technology as a communication and productivity tool
- Proofread and refine correspondence and information going to journal stakeholders for grammar and clarity (e.g., decision letters, Instructions for authors and reviewers)
- Prepare agendas, reports, and/or presentations for editorial meetings
- Handle invited manuscripts and other special content workflows
- Collaborate with the editors on issue line-up or special issues
- A minimum of 3 years working in the editorial office of a scholarly journal
- Knowledge of scholarly publishing processes and best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with one or more manuscript management systems (e.g., Editorial Manager, ScholarOne Manuscripts, eJournal Press)
- Proficient use of standard office technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, teleconferencing, and G-Suite)
- BA or BS degree required; graduate degrees are a plus
- Must be available for at least 20 hours per week during standard business hours
- Occasional travel may be required in future
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with a cover letter including designation of whether you are interested in a full—or part—time work schedule, and for which position you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.