Established in 2001, KWF Editorial provides editorial and production services to dozens of scholarly journals, varying in size from 300 annual submissions to upwards of 150 submissions daily.
We are currently seeking individuals with experience in scholarly publishing or related experience to provide busy journal offices with editorial and production support services. All associates will work virtually during hours pre-arranged with a manager. Hours will range between 10-20 per week depending on candidate availability and client needs.
Associates will perform peer review processing tasks for a family of leading medical journals and will manage queues of manuscript submissions utilizing provided online tools and training.
- Initiate quality check of new and revised manuscript submissions
- Utilize software tools to create lists of editors/reviewers qualified to manage each manuscript
- Prepare and send correspondence to authors, editors, and reviewers
- Process author proof corrections
- Provide editor, reviewer, and author support
- Follow precise set of processes and productivity guidelines
- Complete all assigned tasks during allotted time
- Perform other tasks as instructed
- Previous scholarly publishing experience with emphasis on all aspects of the peer review process
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Independent worker
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Diplomatic and accurate oral and written communicator
- Superior customer service skills
- Broadband Internet connectivity with up-to-date anti-virus software
- Experience with one or more major manuscript management system (Bench>Press, Editorial Manager, eJournal Press, ScholarOne Manuscripts, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based software
- B.A. or B.S. degree
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org