KWF Editorial is a growing all-remote company providing editorial and production support services for peer reviewed journals across scholarly/scientific publishing. Our continued growth creates ongoing opportunities for individuals who value:
- Professional growth. Our team works in a supportive environment that encourages career advancement through teaching and learning. You will have the opportunity to improve your editorial and management skills through collaboration with experienced team members.
- When you work with us, you become part of a community of people who value collaboration, diversity, mutual respect, curiosity, collegiality and quality work.
- We are committed to work-life balance through flexible schedules and benefits that allow you to enjoy time away from the keyboard. As an employee, you will be eligible for Paid Time Off, health insurance, a technology stipend, and a 401K match.
- Making a difference: KWF Editorial associates play a critical role in advancing science, medicine, and other scholarly research through upholding publishing standards and lending critical support to editors, authors, and reviewers on the journal/s they manage.
KWF Editorial is seeking Editorial Associates (EA) to support editorial and/or production workflows for STM peer-reviewed journals. The EA carefully and consistently follows established protocols to check manuscripts for adherence to journal policy and peer review requirements, as well as technical requirements for publication. EAs will be in a role where careful attention to detail and clear communications are critical. Daily task work is largely performed via client manuscript management system queues and through following journal workflow protocols online. However, EAs will work closely with the Managing Editor to optimize outcomes on the account through sharing of ideas for improvement and also to ensure the career development of the EA.
Training will be provided for candidates with the right skill set.
Candidates with 2 or more years of experience may be eligible for Senior Editorial Associate roles, which may involve the supervision of editorial teams.
Primary responsibilities vary according to journal assignment but may include tasks such as the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to all external and internal journal stakeholders (e.g., editors, authors, publishers, colleagues)
- Perform quality checks on new and revised manuscript submissions following checklists and journal policy guidelines
- Follow precise set of workflow protocols and ensure all manuscript requirements are met
- Facilitate manuscript peer review through outreach to editors and reviewers as directed
- Use KWF Editorial’s cloud-based technology as a communication and productivity tool
- Proofread and send decision letters and other correspondence to authors, editors, and reviewers
- Complete all assigned tasks during scheduled hours and meet productivity expectations
- Be a proficient user of the manuscript management system
- Provide editor, reviewer, and author technical support related to submission requirements and the submission system
- Provide assistance to newer staff who may shadow experienced colleagues
- Utilize KWF Editorial’s cloud-based technology as a communication and productivity tool
- A minimum of 1 year working in the editorial office of a scholarly journal or have transferrable experience
- Proficient use of standard office technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, teleconferencing, and G-Suite)
- Experience with one or more manuscript management system a plus (e.g., Editorial Manager, ScholarOne Manuscripts, eJournal Press)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree required; graduate degrees are a plus
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org