A large society with multiple journals in a complex field required an editorial services provider able to provide a high level of editorial support and the flexibility to work across more than one manuscript management system.
A KWF Editorial managing editor with over 20 years’ experience in scholarly publishing led this KWF editorial team. KWF associates were able to begin working on the journals without delay because of their proficiency with all major manuscript management systems.
In addition to handling the day-to-day communications and processing of manuscripts in a complex field, the KWF Editorial managing editor and her team of associates worked together with the society and publisher to introduce best practices and efficiencies. Specific initiatives included:
- Transitioning the manuscript classification process from hard copy to the online peer review system
- Instituting a plagiarism check for submitted manuscripts
- Amended the manuscript quality control process to obtain permission documents and final files prior to acceptance
- Worked with the publisher and the manuscript management system vendor to streamline the file transfer process to production
- Worked with the publisher and the manuscript management system vendor to create custom editor and reviewer performance reports
These initiatives enhanced the quality of the review process and led to reductions in the time to publication. By utilizing a KWF editorial team of associates who are able to meet the variable demands of journals in a large portfolio, the client benefits from our experience and flexibility.