Editorial Associates (Part Time)—Temp to Perm
Established in 2001, KWF Editorial provides editorial and production services to dozens of scholarly journals, varying in size from 300 annual submissions to upwards of 150 submissions daily.
We are currently seeking individuals with experience in scholarly publishing or related experience to provide busy journal offices with temporary editorial support services to keep a backlog from developing while in-house staff is unavailable due workflow volume increases, vacation, or other types of leave. The opportunity to fill permanent roles may become available. All associates will work virtually during hours pre-arranged with a manager. Hours will range between 10-35 per week depending on candidate availability and client needs.
Associates will perform peer review or production processing tasks for scholarly journals and will manage queues of manuscript submissions or article proofs utilizing provided online tools and training.
Tasks may include (variation dependent on assignment):
- Initiate quality check of new and revised manuscript submissions
- Utilize software tools to create lists of editors/reviewers qualified to manage each manuscript
- Prepare and send correspondence to authors, reviewers, and editors
- Process author proof corrections
- Provide editor, reviewer, and author support
- Follow precise set of processes and productivity guidelines
- Complete all assigned tasks during allotted time
- Perform other tasks as instructed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Independent worker
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Diplomatic and accurate oral and written communicator
- Superior customer service skills
- Broadband Internet connectivity with up-to-date anti-virus software
- Previous scholarly publishing experience
- Experience with one or more major manuscript management system (Bench>Press, Editorial Manager, eJournal Press, ScholarOne Manuscripts, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based software
- B.A. or B.S. degree
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org